Before you arrive
- We recommend that you arrive 10-15 minutes before each class in order to get signed in and settled into the practice space—especially if it’s your first visit.
- Wear comfortable, non-restrictive clothes you can move easily in.
- Bring a water bottle if you think you’ll need it.
- Bring your own yoga mat if you have one; we also have studio mats available for free as well.
- If you sweat easily, you may want to bring a hand towel for faster-paced classes.
At the studio
- Our instructor is on hand at the beginning of each class to greet you or to answer any questions.
Sign in at the front desk before each class.
- If you’re a drop-in student you can purchase a pass or pay for a drop in class. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards.
- Please talk to the instructor before the start of the class if you have any injuries or if you are brand new to yoga or pilates.
- Cell phones should must be turned off before entering the studio. Please do not use your phone, including texting anywhere in the studio.
- Please remove your shoes after signing in and place them on the shoe rack not in the cubbies. The cubbies are kept clean for your personal belongings, clothing, purse, etc.
- We have 1 bathrooms that is located at the back of the studio.
- Props (such as blocks, straps, blankets and bolsters) are available for your use.
- Most classes at Kaya Yoga take place with mats in rows facing the back wall; however, in some classes, students will be in a circle with the back of each mat against a wall. Note how other students are positioning their mat, and ask the instructor if you have questions.
- Please be flexible when it comes to mat position and make space for others if needed.
During and After Class
- Listen to your body, and rest when you need to.
- Let the instructor know if you are confused, experiencing pain, or having any other trouble.
- If you are going to be more than 5 minutes late to a class, it’s best to come to another class; if you arrive within the first 5 minutes of class, please try to enter, gather props, and set up your space as quietly and unobtrusively as you can. If the class is chanting please wait on the bench until the chanting has finished and then find a space for your mat.
- If you need to leave early, please let your instructor know before the class has started.
- After class, please put away your props neatly. If you borrowed a mat please spray it down with our disinfectant and hang it back up to dry.